Peter, aged 82 years, will make sailing history.
He has targeted 1st September 2018 as his departure date because he hopes that, with your contributions, the work to make Teena Marie safe for her circumnavigation will be completed by that date.
After he leaves, he’ll be alone at sea for somewhere between seven and nine months, depending on the weather he encounters.
Can you imagine what this will be like for an 82 year old?”
This is why the publicity generated for the koalas will be enormous.
The SPAR Sail 4 Wildlife World Record Attempts
The CCWRC (Charity Challenge World Records Council) is a newly formed international council that governs world records in which individuals or teams attempt to create or break a Charity Challenge World Record. There are no registration fees involved, but to qualify to attempt to set or break a CCWRC World Record, Peter must also raise funds for his charitable cause – to help World Wildlife Sanctuaries save our koalas from extinction.
Peter will potentially create a number of new CCWRC’s World Records including:
- The longest distance sailed by an 82 year old on a yacht solo, non-stop and unassisted.
- The longest time spent by an 82 year old on a yacht sailing solo, non-stop and unassisted.
- The oldest person to sail a yacht solo around the world.
- The oldest person to sail a yacht solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world.
- The most money raised for a charitable cause by a person sailing a yacht solo around the world.
…….. and many more.
To comply with the CCWRC Rules relating to his “around the world” world sailing records, Peter must sail a minimum distance of 21,600 nautical miles (40,003 kilometres) – a distance equivalent to the distance around the world at the equator.
Our first financial target is to urgently raise $40,000
This will be used to get Teena Marie ready for her voyage. When she’s properly seaworthy, she’ll take our “Save Koalas from Extinction” Campaign around the world.
Learn more about Teena Marie, the yacht that will take Peter around the world.